If you are in need of assistance with food, there are several Slate Belt resources:
-Main Street Market: The market is providing care packages for the families who parents have lost their jobs due to COVID. Packages are also being provided to the Elderly folks.
North Main Street Bangor, Pa (610) 588-0100
-Grab N Go: The Bangor Area School District is providing breakfast and lunch daily. Meals can be ordered by emailing email@example.com by 5 p.m. the day before it is needed. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Pick up will be in the tennis lot of the High School.
-Grab and Go Pen Argyl Area School District breakfast and lunch will be available on Thursdays (for breakfast and lunch for both Thursday and Friday) and Mondays (for breakfast and lunch for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday). The hours and distribution will remain the same. To receive breakfast and lunch for your child simply arrive at the WGMS bus loop on Mondays and Thursdays from 11:30am through 1:00pm and the meals will be made available to you.
-Portland/ Upper Mt. Bethel Food Pantry (PUMP)-111 State Street Portland, PA 18351 (570) 656-2967
-Mission of Love Food Bank- 555 N Main St, Bangor, PA 18013, every Tuesday from 10 am until 2 pm.
-Salvation Army- 301 W Main St, Pen Argyl, PA 18072 (610) 863-6677
-Slater Family Network- Emergency food boxes are available by calling 610-599-7019
-Lehigh Valley Food Policy Council- www.lvfpc.org
-Methodist Services: Services are being provided via phone and web access. Please call 610-588-9109 to schedule an appointment.
-Pathway to Healing, Wind Gap 610-881-4545
-NAMI Lehigh Valley- Support Groups
The following drug and alcohol counseling services are being provided:
-Recovery Revolution is fully functioning except for their Family Group. Individual, Group and Assessments are still occurring. If an assessment is needed please call (610) 599-7700. For more information you can also visit their website, www.recoveryrevolution.org .
-A Clean Slate: No groups are being offered at this time, however if services are needed, you may call during business hours. For more information on hours please visit their website, http://cleanslatebangor.org/
Asbestos.com- Guide to Coronavirus for Cancer Patients
SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
1) The Northampton County Relief Fund a $250,000 COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund for small businesses. Applicants can apply for a maximum amount of $15,000 per business. The loans will have a 0% interest rate over a twelve-month term. Rising Tide will process the loan applications and distribute the money. You can find the application here:
2) The SBA: Paycheck Protection Program- https://www.sba.gov/fundi…/…/paycheck-protection-program-ppp;
3) The Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance- https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
4) US Chamber Foundation- Save Small Business Fund
5) Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation- https://lehighvalley.org/covid19/ and https://lehighvalley.org/grow-here/financing-programs/
6) The Enterprise Center- Paycheck Protection Loans for Minority Businesses
7) The Booz Allen Foundation- COVID Relief Grants
8) Local Initiatives Support Corp- Small Business Relief Grants